You’ve definitely landed in the right place if you’re a solopreneur, blogger, freelancer, or side-hustler and you . . .
- Struggle with work-life balance
- Want to live a healthier lifestyle, but you’re so overwhelmed by your biz that it all just feels like one more thing you don’t have time for
- Wish you had more consistent energy throughout the day
- Are ready to work smarter, not harder — so you can be more productive and have more time to devote to your personal life and goals (and maybe to having more fun?)
- Have big goals in your biz + life but aren’t making the progress you’d like to be
Think of me as one of your girlfriends who just happens to know a whole lot about wellness, work-life balance and lifestyle design and loves sharing it with you.
How I can help you
You’ll find lots of helpful free resources and info on my blog, where I share simple tips, tools and practical advice to help Girl Bosses like you eat healthier, exercise and move more, keep your energy up, manage your time effectively so you can get #AllTheThings done, set and achieve business and personal goals, live with intention, and manage the stress that inevitably comes with running a business.
In addition to blogging, I have limited spaces available for one-on-one life and wellness coaching (via phone/Skype or email) for Girl Bosses who are looking for help in living a healthier lifestyle, achieving their goals, and/or navigating big changes in their business or personal lives. Click here to learn more about coaching.
Pinterest Management for Food, Wellness & Online Biz Bloggers
And last but not least, I also manage the Pinterest presence for awesome food, health/wellness, and online biz bloggers. I love helping these bloggers leverage the incredible power of Pinterest to grow their brand awareness, impact and profit! Click here to learn more about my Pinterest management service.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree (with a concentration in counseling) from the University of Georgia
- National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC). I am proud to be one of the first wellness coaches in the country to earn this credential from the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC), a collaboration between the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC).
- Wellness Coach training and certification from from the Mayo School of Public Health
- Holistic Health Coach training and certification from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
My Wellness Philosophy
Wellness means different things to different people. I take a holistic approach to wellness, and you’ll see this reflected in the content on my blog and in my coaching.
I think this definition from Wellness.com says it perfectly . . .
“Wellness is the realization of our true potential to live a
healthier, happier and more successful existence.”
I believe in clean eating (but indulging when it feels right), the importance of quality sleep, exercising smarter vs. harder, doing what we can to limit our exposure to toxins, and that wellness and self-care are not luxuries — they’re necessities, and making them a priority will help you be more successful in business and in life.
More about me & this Blog + Biz
- I was fed up with working in jobs that often didn’t align with my values or strengths and had me reporting to unpleasant oafs on the daily. It was taking a toll on my health, spirit and happiness, and I longed for the freedom of working for myself and having control over my time.
- I’ve been passionate about health and wellness since I was a little girl tagging along with my mom to Jazzercise, so it finally hit me . . . why wouldn’t I make this the basis of my livelihood (and why did it take me so many years to figure that out??)
- In 2015, I lost a loved one very unexpectedly and it made me realize that (a) life is too short to settle for less than you desire and deserve and (b) I never want to be in a position where I can’t be available to a loved one in need because of my job.
- I LOVE helping other women live healthier and design a life they love (my eyes literally light up when someone wants to talk wellness and life goals!). And life is just better all around when you’re doing what you love and loving what you do.
So I regrouped and pondered what would really light me up? Who would I LOVE working with, what would I enjoy spending a lot of time focusing on and writing about, and what do I have a lot of personal experience with (hmm . . . cat moms . . . taco lovers . . . girls obsessed with colorful pens and pretty notebooks)??
Well, those all have merit I’M SURE, but what really got me excited was working with other Girl Bosses!
I’m SUCH a big believer in work-life balance, self-care, and having the freedom to live life on your own terms . . . and after spending years juggling a side hustle, a full-time job, husband, home, a social life and two super cute but super naughty cats, I know the importance (and the challenge) of balancing taking care of business and taking care of your Self.
So as a fellow Girl Boss, I know firsthand your struggle of creating work-life balance, and I know how to help you successfully balance work + wellness + life!
- I’m a small-town girl from rural Georgia, but just moved to Orlando, Florida by way of Dallas, TX (where we lived for 3 years).
- My husband is Chinese (as you may have guessed from my last name) and I’m Southern, so we’re an Asian-Southern fusion. 🙂 We met at a friend’s wedding and we’ve been together ever since!
- I’m a huge animal lover and one of those people who will stop to pet every dog that crosses my path. I especially love elephants and otters, and I’m a cat mom to two cute + naughty kittens. I dedicate a portion of my income from my biz to a variety of animal welfare organizations.
- Food is one of my great loves in life. I always feel pretentious calling myself a “foodie,” but for lack of a better word, I’m a foodie!
- I’m a tea drinker and have a collection of really cute tea cups and mugs. Every morning it’s a very important decision figuring out which cup is just right for that day. 🙂
- I’m kind of a nerd and I’m obsessed with my planner, pretty office supplies, and reading books and blogs about personal development, productivity and business.
- I’m a Taurus, an introvert, and a Highly Sensitive Person (yes, it’s really a thing!)
- I’m a morning person and turn into a pumpkin after 10pm.
- I love all things cozy . . . hot chocolate, soft blankets, comfy pajamas, snuggling with our kitties . . . I’m like a spokesperson for hygge.
If you’re a busy Girl Boss who wants to create better work-life balance and take care of yourself while you’re taking care of business, sign up for my weekly Well-Mail. Once a week you’ll get easy + healthy recipes, quick workouts, practical self-care and stress-management tips and healthy living inspiration to help you be well, work well and live well.
To get in touch or ask questions, you can contact me here. I’d love to hear from you!